Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Short List

Those of you who have been following my posts for some time would know that I have been spending a lot of time working on my phd application.

The first thing I did when I finished B school was to get on with GMAT prep. GMAT prep was a blessing in disguise for me. I had just started work and was about to get married. So all the anxiety which in retrospect is natural for a bride to be would vanish the moment I would open my GMAT book. Plus it gave me a goal to work on which is one thing that always helps.

I gave TOEFL nine days before my wedding. When I came back from my honeymoon many office hours were spent trying to figure out a topic for the phd proposal and the one week I spent with my in laws was spent in penning down the two essays and changing most part of them and re writing them.

In the wee hours of 8th Jan, with my flight to London due in a couple of hours, I finished my essays and submitted my lone application for PhD.

So yes, it has been eventful. But fruitful as well. A fews days ago, I got a mail from the school telling me that I have been short listed for the interview.

I get to spend one whole day with some of the best profs in the marketing domain, get interviewed by them and hopefully meet some more students willing to get into the academic career.

I am excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to 8th of march which is when the interview should happen.

Wish me luck 

Till then,
RP

2 comments:

Shekhar said...

Awesome !!

All the best !!

:)

aMyth! said...

All the best!!! :)