Thursday, November 12, 2009

6 Days
Pati-to-be in apana Des!


Okay so Sid and I are in the same time zone for the first time in almost 5 months. I never realized that that could have such a positive impact on us!

Sid without work to worry about is so so so different and sooooo much more lovable than Sid with lots of office work to do and a home to manage. I am so not used to this Sid and so used to Sid in London that I had to ask him if he were a little high. He just sounded so relaxed, laughed at my feeble attempts at humor, had things to tell me, had some very nice things to say….So, yes I am very glad to have him home and am looking forward to seeing him this Sunday.:D

The first half yesterday was quite dull. Things picked up in the second half with Mum and me going out shopping!

I am just so so so so so so glad that I earn at this point of time and have money of my own to splurge. I feel it each time I take out my debit/ credit card to buy something I would never had bought were I not earning myself.

I spent a lot of time hunting for Sid’s flip flops but I guess I will have to go out for them once again.

Hair cut did not happen yesterday as Mum had a lot of other important work to deal with but should happen today! But yes the dentist visit it done. I see absolutely no difference in my teeth. :|

Last night Dad’s friend came over. He is a brilliant neurologist, topper of his batch all throughout and all that blah. He called me over and made me sit down with him for he had some tips for me. I am putting them down here for posterity.

• Doctors are next to God. There is no profession apart from that of a doctor’s where a man comes, gives you money and touches your feet before leaving. Know that you have the genes of sooo many doctors in you. Be proud of the fact.

• No matter how much you love your husband and his family (which you must and should), never ever forget the people who stayed up the whole night just to be with you when u were bawling your head off for no reason as a 6 month old.

• Self respect. Arrogance. Know the two and understand the difference. Never be arrogant in your marriage and never let any one mess with your self respect.

• You are not a door mat. Never let anyone treat you like that no matter how much you love them.

• Love as much as you would want to be loved.


Apart from this I had a sad conversation with a friend of my Mum who started crying on the phone with me cause I am now getting married. It is sad, the silence on the other end broken only by sobs. She kept telling me how much she loved me and how I am now going so very far from her…….

The night ended with a flurry of messages between Bhai me and N, which is quite common these days and I kind of like it very much. I sometime also message L a good night though not less frequently. Anyways, after that Bhai called me up (it was past mid night) and told me, in a very causal manner, all the details of the sclerosis patient (his case for the viva he must be giving as I type), including how he is vomiting blood and how only liver transplant can save his life. I know full details about bilirubin, how spider like things form on the skin, what a splenomegaly is and what a heptamegaly is. I could not sleep after the conversation and had to pick up ‘Villette’ and read it for 10 minutes before I could again fall asleep.:|

That is how another day ended.

Love
RP

No comments: