Thursday, June 04, 2009

Zidd karo, aur usse poora karo!

So, finally work begins for me in a few days from now! It will be the first time I shall start working full time. But as luck would have it, I have had to start job hunt before joining my company, which we shall call X from now on.

There are times when I don’t want to look for a new job, I want to just sit back and relax and enjoy having a job that pays me well and allows me to do the kind of work I want to do. But that is not to happen and I know I am being silly in thinking so.

As some of the regulars here know, Sid works on a different continent and post the wedding I shall have to join him. Now the entire continent in question is facing the worst of the economic crisis! As fate would have it, it is there that I have to job hunt. That too with almost no work experience.

As I started panicking yesterday when a senior told me grand tales about what an opportunity of a life time X is, Mum had to once again don the cap of my shrink! :P

So, yesterday I cribbed and threw tantrums about why I have to keep fighting ALL the time, Mum told me to remember this-

Zidd karo aur usko poori karo!

I hope I do keep this in mind.

So, finally I am at peace with myself. I am writing this in hope that whenever next I feel weird about what a fight life continuously is I shall remember what mum had to sayJ

You know, today I was watching an episode of Celebrity Apprentice in which one guy feeling very sorry for himself very angrily asks Donald Trump,” Do you have to get up every morning and fight?!!”

“Yes, and I do that every single day, for the entire day and have been doing that my entire life. My entire life has been a fight. One big fight! ”, replied Mr. Trump

In that one sentence ( ok ok ok for the puritans, 2) Mr. Trump rose a couple of thousand feet in my eyes. Not that what I think of him changes anything for him..but who knows…may be one day it might!

4 comments:

Daroga said...

good luck rahega ji.. job hunt ke liye.
they say ki 2009 end tak sab settle ho jayega ..so keep fingers crossed !

Prof. Vidhu Shekhar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prof. Vidhu Shekhar said...

Yeah I know.. zidd karna and usko pura karna is an awesome feeling..

Funnily tho, the frequency of zidd decreases as one grows old, tho I think it sud have been other way round... I did it numerous times in 12th-engg, then again during 4 yrs of engg.... again at CAT.. then again at final placements... with the time lag between each one increasing as I grew older... last one i remember doing was 2 years back... :-( ...

Was just watching Guy Kawaski's video... he says that the best entreprenuers are the ones who just get out of college, not those who have seen more of their life... The just graduates dont know how difficult it is to do it which is exactly the thing that makes them best suited.. the moment you know it, u thin khazzar baar before attempting..... ignorance is more than bliss.. it gives u strength to fight as well :-) ..

I think that is the crux.. as one grows olders, one tries to be rational, and sees the diffculties.. making him less prone to all the zidds :-) ...

Well I guess the idea is to keep forgetting how difficult it is..... bas ladte raho... :-)

Meghaa said...

Hmm nice post.... true we need to fight daily to prove ourself....