Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blog Marathon: Tuesday Post
Reason for delayed Post: Because I forgot on Tuesday that it was Tuesday

So, apparently, on Tuesdays I forget that it is Tuesday and hence I do not put up a post. I generally remember Thursdays and Sundays (for the post) but I forget Tuesdays. Also, I generally remember on Wednesday that it was Tuesday yesterday. Last night(Tuesday Night), I was sitting in my bed at 10:00 pm trying to write something for Thursday not realising that I needed to put up a post right away! I know I need to get my head checked. I will. Soon.

Now coming to Nikhil's post. Like Nikhil said, we were together at work. We (we were a group of 4 Management Trainees) were such a crazy bunch then. I had so much fun being with the gang that I dont think anyone has ever had such a cool gang of office friends. We were all straight out of some of the best B schools of the country, all of us were in awe of how much money we were making and I was in my home town(yipppeee)!

That one year at home after Bschool was the most fantastic! And for reason.
I was at home. I had decided who I was going to marry, and I was the bride to be ( people girls who are married will know what different treatment you get when you are the bride to be)

I was working, studying for GMAT, preparing for the wedding...and had ossumm friends. They were lovely days, full and happy....I miss those days sometimes...

Anyways, coming to the post, I am given to understand that there is immense speculation about which of Nikhil's multiple points are true?


My take on them:

After marriage when she moves to London, RP is going to:

· Develop a British accent, mait!

No, I dont have an accent. Not yet I think. I sometimes have to change my style of speaking just a little bit when I speak to people here, but no, I def do not have an accent.

· Color her hair blonde, and keep a hairbun.

Seriously, come on!For the record, my hair is jet black and I generally leave it open. I will wait for a couple of decades before I start setting it in a bun.

· Sport a overcoat, and goggles, and boots look.

Yes, that is true. I have many over coats now. I have two lovely pairs of boots that look amazing with jeans. I have always had goggles. So yes, true true true!



· Shop the hell out of D&G, LVMH, and Bvlgari. Goodbye Mango. You were too mass market!

*Sigh* I wish this were true.

· Keep a pet, and carry it around everywhere.
I will NEVER EVER do that! Pets freak me out.

· Smoke a cigar. Or rather not. She hates it. Cancel this one specifically for her.

Correct. I will never smoke.


· Cook a dish, burn it, and make Sid eat it. (The burn is accidental, the making him eat is not)

For those who have doubts. I cam back from work at 7:15 pm yesterday. Was dead tired but made Tarka daal, rice, vegetables and 10 rotis from scratch in one hour flat. Also for those interested, I am inviting some 6 people over for Sunday Lunch where I will be doing all the cooking. *Superior look*

· Haggle with the shopkeepers and vegetable vendors (if they exist there) to give her a discount, in pounds :) This out of the innate Indian within her.

I actually dont like haggling. But I dont like paying the price the shopkeeper asks for. So I haggle, though I dont enjoy it at all. Here in London no one haggles with anyone. I leave the haggling for India. Its one of the things I miss most about India. :)

· Join a kitty club or whatever you call that, play cards with her gang, and crib about her daughter in law as she grows old.

I come home from work dead tired, still do what is required for the book on the blog, the Facebook page, send emails, cook dinner and by the time I get into bed I am so so tired that I could cry of tiredness. And you talk about Kitty parties?


· Watch daily soaps like 'Balika Vadhu', 'Na aana is des laado', 'Yahan main ghar ghar kheli', 'Sabki laadli bebo', and of course, 'Chajje chajje ka pyaar' whenever she is home. Gosh! Why is television content going backward?

*Sigh* Right, so after the work, the book stuff, the cooking when I get into bed my lap top comes with me. There is a lovely website that streams Indian TV and I spend an happy 15-30 minutes watching my favourite shows. I feel connected to India that way. Currently I watch X factor very regularly. So yes, this is absolutely correct :)

· Call her family at least 5 times a day.

I call them atleast 10 times a day.:) Correct.

So in total 3 points are correct :) well done!


Now you guys know me better. Thanks a ton for the guest post, Nikhil :)

Love,
RP


PS The Facebook like page ( top right for the widget that will take you there) for 'The (In)eligible Bachelors' is sitting at a tantalizing 592. Pitch in folks ;)

12 comments:

Smita said...

Fun to know that ur frenz know u well but much better to imagine that smirk going off when u tell them see u were wrong on these many points :D

Smita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jyoti Babel said...

It was fun reading the last post and this one.. Friends know us best and it was gr8 knowing yoyu through their eyes!

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Nice knowing you, actually he said it was 2.5 correct :P

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Anuhna said...

Nice :-) But is it the Swetha episode or pets in general freak you out!?!?!?! ;-)

Bikram said...

:) always good feeling when we are proved right



Bikram's

nikhil said...

Well, I am actually 3.5 correct. The one that I hadn't expected was the calling home 10 times a day. I thot since more than a year has passed that would have subsided..koi nahi, its nice to be surprised..as they say, u never knw a person enuf!

Why 3.5, coz RP here is totally lying abt d accent. I have spoken to her, and it is I who should get to judge. Its half british already. That explains the 0.5 :)

The smirk wud never go away ;)

Baatein unkahi si said...

I am coming to your blog after a very long time and am glad to see you doing the marathon.
Got to know interesting things about you.
Qn for you: Which is the website you mentioned that streams Indian TV channels?

Alka Gurha said...

:)...Wow..interesting facts abt your life...

EVE-O-LUTION said...

Even I miss haggliing in the US... wowww im loving ur blog.. and following you too....
you made me laugh :D and for once I need something real around me
keep it going gal!!

(Ad.by.khusbu) CALL NOW 06387869841 RIAL ROYAL GIGOLO CALL BOY PLAY BOY SERVICE PROVIDER AND SAX SERVICE PROVIDER KOI DHOKHA DADHI NHI FULL SECRET SERVICE PROVIDER CALL NOW 06387869841 said...

Call now 09450428614 RIAL ROYAL GIGOLO CALL BOY PLAY BOY AND SAX SERVICES PROVIDER ALL INDIA KI ALL CITY'S MEY SERVICE AVAILABLE FULL SECRET SERVICE PROVIDER KOI DHOKHA DHADHI NHI FULL MAZA MASTI KEY SAATH PASAA KAMYE CALL ME FULL DETAILS 09450428614Call now 09450428614 RIAL ROYAL GIGOLO CALL BOY PLAY BOY AND SAX SERVICES PROVIDER ALL INDIA KI ALL CITY'S MEY SERVICE AVAILABLE FULL SECRET SERVICE PROVIDER KOI DHOKHA DHADHI NHI FULL MAZA MASTI KEY SAATH PASAA KAMYE CALL ME FULL DETAILS 09450428614Call now 09450428614 RIAL ROYAL GIGOLO CALL BOY PLAY BOY AND SAX SERVICES PROVIDER ALL INDIA KI ALL CITY'S MEY SERVICE AVAILABLE FULL SECRET SERVICE PROVIDER KOI DHOKHA DHADHI NHI FULL MAZA MASTI KEY SAATH PASAA KAMYE CALL ME FULL DETAILS 09450428614Call now 09450428614 RIAL ROYAL GIGOLO CALL BOY PLAY BOY AND SAX SERVICES PROVIDER ALL INDIA KI ALL CITY'S MEY SERVICE AVAILABLE FULL SECRET SERVICE PROVIDER KOI DHOKHA DHADHI NHI FULL MAZA MASTI KEY SAATH PASAA KAMYE CALL ME FULL DETAILS 09450428614Call now 09450428614 RIAL ROYAL GIGOLO CALL BOY PLAY BOY AND SAX SERVICES PROVIDER ALL INDIA KI ALL CITY'S MEY SERVICE AVAILABLE FULL SECRET SERVICE PROVIDER KOI DHOKHA DHADHI NHI FULL MAZA MASTI KEY SAATH PASAA KAMYE CALL ME FULL DETAILS 09450428614Call now 09450428614 RIAL ROYAL GIGOLO CALL BOY PLAY BOY AND SAX SERVICES PROVIDER ALL INDIA KI ALL CITY'S MEY SERVICE AVAILABLE FULL SECRET SERVICE PROVIDER KOI DHOKHA DHADHI NHI FULL MAZA MASTI KEY SAATH PASAA KAMYE CALL ME FULL DETAILS 09450428614

Micheal Alexander said...

I really liked your Information. Keep up the good work. Skipthegames