Thursday, February 24, 2011

Too less!

I manage a full time job, a house and my first book is getting published soon. So as you can imagine I should have a lot of work. And yes, I am getting busier by the day but I still feel the need to do more.

No, not the need to achieve more but the need to do more. I get very weird when I come home and have a few hours to myself. I just want to be doing something constructive and useful all the time. Is that normal?

I have been working VERY hard the last few years. There were always a couple of balls in the air. Hell! nine days before my wedding I was giving the TOEFL exam and was checking my result at the airport on my way to my Maldives where I went for my Honeymoon.

While I was working in India ( right after B school), I was juggling a new Sales job plus GMAT prep plus TOEFL prep plus my own wedding prep! Trust me that was a handful.

When I was coming to London ( about 1.5 months after my wedding), the night before I was uptill 2-3 in the morning. Doing what? submitting my PHD application to London Business School! I remember submitting it like 3 hours before leaving India for the UK. The new bride in the in laws house spent all her time in front of the lap top working on some weird marketing concept!

Life in London is easier. This is the first time I do not have an exam to write. I have realised how addicted I have been to exams. It just gives purpose to my life, without that I feel rather lost. So much so that some days back I decided that I should give the IAS exams, go back to India and do something constructive for my country. But finally after some thought I decided against it. Most of my family breathed a sigh of relief. They did not want the mad crazy about to give an exam me around them :P

Anyways, so this is how things stand. I am looking for bigger challenges something that gives me the familiar rush of seeing my name at the top of the result page in college.

*Sigh*

No comments: