Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hi!
So, yesterday at around 10 in the morning certain things happened and right now I am about 15 hours away fom home!
However , I have decided that this time everything is going to be well documented coz this could very well be one of the last full fledged vacations I take with my Mum and Dad before I leave home for college.

So for starters, Dad suddenly had a week off...and within 2 hours we had a weeks vacation chalked out and it includes heavy duty shopping in Chandigarh +Ambala and then we plan to move up the hills to shimla/kausali et al.

So last night I boarded the train which would take me to Chandigarh,at around 10:30 in the night after major heated arguments with Mum about what dresses to take :P

What was the most priceless thing about nearing CHD???
Guess guess!!!

Well, when u can just start making out the dim outline of distant mountains....I go into some other mode altogether, glue my nose to the window and watch spellbound , trying ot make out the various shapes and sizes....they look so majestic and strong and reliable...aah I dont have enough words to describe that feeling.
Years ago when Malory Towers and St Clares [both by Enid Blyton ]were staple diet for me, there was one line I would always wait for in the book, when Darrel's[the lead in the story] car would take this particular turn around this particular bend and suddenly her school would be visible to her.
Darrel always waited for that one bend, that one turn, that was the first look she would get of her beloved school.

It is a similar thing for me...that first time I see the mountains, almost always the same way..

My Dad would exclaim 'Beta!!! dekho!!!! pahad!"
I would have my nose burried in some buk [This time it was Freakonomics] and would luk up at the mention of the word'pahad'
And then I would keep my nose glued ot the window, move the curtains as far as possible and keep on and on and on staring at the mountains, completely oblivious of anything around me....

It is amazing.....
It is homecoming for me each time I see the mountains ...

As I type from My Mami's comp , from her bedroom in CHD, I need to just crane my neck to be able to get a glimpse of the distant, dark mountains....

aaahhhh..

Mum wants me to come have lunch now....will keep ya all posted , as long as it will be possible.
Nzoi!
Pics will be put up only once I reach home.
adios and enjoy!

5 comments:

Rahul... in City of Dreamz said...

wow man.... u know what... the BEST vacations are the ones which are unplanned.... have a awesome time ... ( this is one of your always-read-but-never-post-a-comment followers... name is rahul)

Cheers... have fun :)

aMyth! said...

so agree to the "always-read-but-never-post-a-comment follower" above.. best vacations are the ones unplanned.

and yes, i so well remember those lines in malory towers. i used to read blyton a lot as a kid. oh well, who am i kidding. i still love blyton books :))

njoy every moment. cherish every mountain :)

Unknown said...

Coooool! Vacation time :D
Yeayyyyyyyyyyyyy! Enjoy.

Pics pics, I wanna see pics :P

R said...

@rahul--waah waah! even I have quiet readers!!
yayyyy!!!
:P
nzoi!

@the myth---enid blyton rox so badd!!!
abb mountains koh tata bye bye ho gaya..am bak in chnadigarh :(


@aarti di---yess yess!!
PIcs toh wapis shehar jaa karr daal p[ayenge!!!
tab tak wait!
:P

R said...

@rahul--waah waah! even I have quiet readers!!
yayyyy!!!
:P
nzoi!

@the myth---enid blyton rox so badd!!!
abb mountains koh tata bye bye ho gaya..am bak in chnadigarh :(


@aarti di---yess yess!!
PIcs toh wapis shehar jaa karr daal p[ayenge!!!
tab tak wait!
:P