Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Blog Marathon
Week : 2 ; Post: 1
Days left for official release of TIB('The (In)eligible Bachelors' for the uninitiated:): 17
Country wise availability : 1st week of Spetember.


Focus on things to do!

I could never do that. If someone said something I would think and think about it till my brain imploded.

Common sense prevailed. But later. Much later. When, sometimes, it was too late.

For the better part, I would just think. And think. And then think some more.

What an absolute waste of time, energy and resources.

Today for the first time in my life, I was able to simply ignore the nonsense and focus my energies on something parctical that needed my attention. I was able to park aside the rubbish. Ignore it and just simply move on.

It was just so simple to do it and so very easy. I know that my head did not ask any questions, there was no curiosity, nothing. My brain just said to me, 'Hey listen, do you have time for this crap? No, right? Then please do your work'

As simple as that.

I consider that a victory. I have always had a very sensible voice inside my head. Only it was much easier to not listen to it. Now, increasingly I find myself dealing with things very rationally. I am learning to deal with that surge of anger that leads me to say things I always regret later. I am learning to ignore what people are saying (if it is not constructive). I am also learning to be open to criticism (good, since my book is coming out soon! :P)

Maybe this is called growing up?


Love
RP


Next post: Tag from Tanvi!

PS: My father was so happy with the reponse you guys gave for his previous post here that he is ready with his next post! That will come later maybe in week 3 :)

7 comments:

CreativeMama said...

Best wishes for Blog Marathon!

Would like to invite you to participate in VOGUE Tote Giveaway hosted on my blog Cute Confessions of a Sew Addict. Click HERE

Bikramjit said...

SO very true .. That why people say you do what you want to forget about others .. :)

as days go by , years go by we do learn things and that indeed is growing up ..

Bikram's

akanksha said...

Glad you achieved it! God knows when I would be able to not think about all the crap, everywhere :(

It seems impossible, as of now.Think, think and think is all I do, and it makes me even more miserable :(

shveta said...

hmm leaning a very important lesson of life...good! Always remember: 'Suno sabki...karo apne dil ki' :)

Sujatha Sathya said...

"sensible voice inside...easier no to listen to it""...hahah what a twist!
but i guess thats life & a phase of growing up :

btw, my 5 year old daughter's name is Tanvi

Chakoli said...

yup its a victory no doubt!!

shut down gossip and go wid the flow ....

Anonymous said...

You got great points there, so I always check your blog, it looks like you are an expert in this field. keep up the good work, My friend recommends your blog.

My blog:
rachat credit ficp Rachat De Credit