Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday, Post 2

Office Story

So, we have only recently shifted to a new office closer to central London. I met a colleague (who works very closely with the President of the company)in the kitchen post a very heavy lunch.

The conversation that ensued was as follows:

Colleague A: Hi.
Me: Hi

A: How are you?
Me: Very good, Thank you. You like the new office?

A: Oh yes, it is lovely, isnt it?
Me: Yes, isnt it?

Me: I just wish we had an XYZ room
A: We will!
Me : really ? (very amazed that the company was actually thinking of it)

A: yes!
Me: Wow! I mean really Wow!
*I shake my head, very impressed*

A: It is going to be amazing.
Me: I have no doubt!

A: Really!
Me: Really!

Me (wondering if i should actually say this): I think I will be in it all the time.
A: I think the President is going to be in it all the time!
Me( shocked but still polite): Really! How nice.

*I start to think somehting is not right about the conversation*

A: Yeah, she is going to be in it ALL THE TIME
Me: Are you sure?

A: Ofcourse!
Me: Hmmm..

A: OK then, see you around.
Me: Yes, sure, see you around.

I strikes me as I make my way back to my desk. What A was talking about was a TP room (telepresence room, which is a lot like Teleconfrencing).

What I was talking about was a sleeping room.

:\


Next post: Thursday!

26 comments:

akanksha said...

Oops!
That is polymorphism at its best! :)

Tan said...

Thanks for dropping by my space :)

Your office story was funny :)
Something similar happened to me too...

Bikramjit said...

:) at least it made you both smile :) the mis communication..


Bikram's

Mamta said...

hehe...funny! :D

KParthasarathi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Your post brought a smile.:)

Reflections said...

Hahahaaa.... I went thru the post once again to get the nuances...hilarious;-D.
Lesson to be learnt: Never attempt a conversation post lunch, esp a heavy lunch;-D

p.s: very interesting profile name btw;-D

Renu said...

good confusion:)

A said...

Haha :))) Telepresence room and sleeping room are the same in some cases......haha

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

LOL, so your company President might actually be hearing you sleep? :P

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Cloud Nine said...

LOL!!! super;) Enjoy sleeping, oops, teleconferencing!

Arpit Rastogi said...

Fun Read. :)

Harman said...

nice..interesting..miscommunication.

Babli said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment.
Wonderful, funny and interesting post. Liked it very much.

Kishley said...

lolz!!! :) :)

Tanvi said...

Classic case of miscommunication! :)

♥ from © tanvii.com

Raam Pyari said...

@akansha- thanks :)


@Tan- maybe you can blog about it too!

@Bikram- it sure made me smile, dont know if A even figured it out!

@Mamta-:)

@KP- purpose served :)

@Reflections- lols yes! Some one dared me use this name! Hey wait maybe i can blog about how the name came about!

@Renu :)

@A- LOLS! yes very true !

Raam Pyari said...

@BA- lols! thats taking it a bit far. I am sur ethat would not happen:P

@Cloud nine- i sure will :P

@Arpit- I am glad you enjoyed it!

@harman- :)

@babli- then keep coming back for more :)


@kihsley- :)

@Tanvi- Yes, for sure. I was so tickled!

nikhil said...

Lol..reminds me of the gud ol days of the telecom company we were supposed to lead one day :D
Hold ur horses, this org might be more serious abt d use of its TP room :P

Prathima said...

Lol:)

Anuhna said...

Lol...:-D

Hey, I was searcing for information about MBA in UK and stumbled upon your Blog about How we Indians are perceived by the westerners...Started from there, I have read quite a few of your blogs... I must say you have quite a few interesting and funny blogs here.... Keep them coming.:-)

I know this is not the appropriate place to write to you but I don't know how else to approach you...Anyway, I was wondering if you could suggest me on the MBA front..If you don't mind, would love to share my email id with you..

Thanks.

Raam Pyari said...

@Niks- lols true! nothing like those good old days ;)


Prathima- ;)

Raam Pyari said...

Anuhna-Sure :) email id is ruchita[dot]misra[at]gmail[dot]com.

Let me know when you have got this email and i will take off this comment of mine.

Anuhna said...

Done... even sent you the mail..

Please delete this comment... :-)

Preeti said...

Lol! :D

sjflksd said...

Hahhaah, Your office story is little bit funny! MBA in London

anks said...

:)