Thursday, May 26, 2011

So that i remember


It is almost one in the night. Inspite of the sultry weather outside, thanks to the AC the room is cool and pleasant. There are 4 people in the room , 3 fast asleep and the 4th trying to capture this moment. Me, ma, dad and bhai. I am sleeping next to mum, holding her hand like i used to when i was a little girl. Coarse but beautiful and for me the greatest comfort in the world- her hands. I feel such a sense of peace each time this thought crosses my head.

Knowing that you are surrounded by people who love you, whom you love - such an amazing, warm, fuzzy feeling. Everyone has been sleeping together since i came. And these time of the night is fast becoming my favourite. The quiet comfort of being in the midst of love.

Sleep tight.

Love

Ruch

14 comments:

Rekha said...

Its nice to be surrounded by loved ones...enjoy your stay and thanks for visiting. :)

Cloud Nine said...

Enjoyyyyyyy the stay in India!

akanksha said...

Read your blog in chronological order - Thanks to the fact that there was little work at office. :-)
It was more or less, like reading a book...i was completely hooked to it!

You have had an amazing journey and it has been captured very well in this blog...The transition from a cool but studious college girl, to a wife and working professional reflects the discipline which grew many folds in your writings too!

Just love your blog!Btw, I get a feeling you're from Lucknow/Kanpur. Do let me know if that is true!


Coming to the post, feel so happy for you tht finally you're having a gr8 time after all the mess up by the airlines.After all,there is no place like "Home" Enjoy being around loved ones- nothing in the world can match that feeling!

Preeti said...

I loved your post. Reminds me of the time when my sister comes home and we sleep in 1 room for old times sake! It is a privilege to be surrounded by loved ones!

Enjoy your stay! :)

Dee said...

oh what a beautiful feeling...I think of sometimes when I feel really low, and down and it's been so long since I held mom's hand, but the touch will be remebered and will comfort me forever!Your post warmed my heart!

Jyoti Mishra said...

Really a nice blog... I read few posts.
Its true that you are living your life to the fullest if you are with loved ones.

Raajii said...

oh that is a wonderful feeling. I am glad you are making the most out of it :-)

Bikramjit said...

BLESS.. God blessss...

Make the most ofit .. lovely


Bikram's

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

It's bliss, the warmth of the love of our family, of OUR people. Have a beautiful vacation :)


Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Ydnas said...

i can visualize most of the stuff u write.......anywayz just njoy this stay for couple of dayz more :-)

Kavs said...

aww!! i miss my home!

writerzblock said...

That sounds like a sheer piece of heaven :-) Times like that are truly hard to come by. Make the most of it :-)

Vidya said...

Enjoy!

Deboshree said...

I couldn't agree more. Comfort is one of the best highlights of love. Lovely post. :D