Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hi,

I wonder, and for once I desperately need answers from you, if it is bad to be good.

With it being all cool and in to be into drinking, sleeping around, having good guy friends with whom you share rooms……is it normal to not do any of this?

Do you need to give yourself a shake? Why do I just totally completely dislike it and why do I increasingly find myself around people who are steeped into all this?

Why do I find it so difficult to smile when people brag about their love bites? Why do I find it difficult to nod my head when people make plans to check out the I know I am different. I know I do not do this and do not like it but then why…I don’t even know what I want to say.

I am not an angel form the heavens above but I have lived by the book and I know every one has the right to live their lives the way they want to but so many people who are like us have been up to no good so very often (as I have found out recently) that I really have absolutely no faith….in what I do not know…… I just wish…I don’t even know how to put that into words…….

Just that I wish I could go back to time when I was 10, with my parents and the most scandalous thing I could have done was to pick up a Sidney Sheldon.

I probably need to distance myself from a lot of things. I just want to be on a break Just go home, to my Mum, Dad and Bhai or be just with Sid. Be with the people who accept me the way I am…without any dopes/ joints/ alcohol/ sleeping around/ ex boyfriends…..

Such is life.

7 comments:

Adarsh Shekhar said...

Just stop caring about people you don't like. they are not worth the time.
Be happy that you have got an awesome family and few good friends. To me, that is all about it.

Cheer up :)

Anonymous said...

*a tight hug*..thats it!

-creepu beti!

Anonymous said...

I was talking to a friend recently, she said she wants to be in a relationship before she gets married, irrespective of whether that relationship is going to work or not... her simple argument was that, guy with whom she may get engaged would surely have his past and she too wanted to have one at least before she takes the plunge... she has lived by the book all these days but now since she has seen places and been in this corporate world for a while a lot of her perceptions have changed... I think we cannot judge her as right or wrong, such is the world these days...

may be it goes by what one considers as a let down for one self.

Anonymous said...

Hey Raam Pyari,
I am a great fan and also a loyal follower of ur blog... I have read almost every write-ups of urs...

But this one article of urs... "view on u being different from others..." have left me with no choice but to leave a comment abt this one...

I totally agree with everything that u have expressed in this article. I react and behave the same way as u... The odds have became the in-thing now and its having so much of negative and forceful influence on the society that if we are not following these ways of living and WE ARE THE ODD ones OUT!!! Hell with those ppl... lets live life the way we want.. the right way... lets be true to ourself... do the right thing.. :)

Butterfly...

Anonymous said...

Bad .. is the new good these days !!

I am the odd one in my family just because I go by the book :|

Neha said...

i guess we all go by the book..we just happen to use different ones!! :)
But what you say is true... the first time i came to the US I found out that almost ALL my guy friends drink on a regular basis. And drinking is a no-no in our family. But i soon found out that drinking does not make you a 'bad' person. You just gotta accept that your friends drink. That does not mean you have to change or start drinking too.

Anonymous said...

RP..i have been following your blog for years now and you have always come across as a very simple, sweet and studious girl...please do not change yourself. Be who you are. we love you this way!

LK